We are committed to consistently provide a great customer experience


Every person living at the property will need to be reference checked. In order to pass referencing please check your combined basic annual income is at least 2.5 times the annual rent. If using a guarantor, their income must exceed 3 times the annual rent.

You’ll be required to provide proof of address, recent bank statement and payslips. If you are self-employed you will need to provide your latest tax return and an accountant’s letter where possible.

Due to the recent change in the immigration right to rent law, we are required to check the validity of your passport in your presence. When you come to our office you must bring the original documents.

To reserve the property whilst reference checks and preparation for a tenancy agreement are undertaken, you will need to pay a ONE WEEK holding deposit.

The holding deposit will be refunded to you in full within 7 days of:

  • you entering into a tenancy agreement (if not to be used towards the first month’s rent);
  • the Landlord chooses to withdraw from the proposed agreement; or
  • the ‘deadline for agreement’ passes without a tenancy having been entered

Your holding deposit can be retained where:

  • you provide false or misleading information which we can reasonably consider when deciding to let a property
  • you fail a right to rent check
  • you withdraw from a property (unless the landlord or agent imposes a requirement that breaches the ban or acts in such a way to the tenant or relevant person that it would be unreasonable to expect a tenant to enter into a tenancy agreement)
  • you fail to take all reasonable steps to enter into a tenancy agreement and the landlord or agent take all reasonable steps to do so (unless a landlord or agent imposes a requirement that breaches the ban or acts in such a way to the tenant or relevant person that it would be unreasonable to expect a tenant to enter into a tenancy agreement with them).

We are in partnership with ‘Tenant Shop’ who will act on our behalf to notify the local council and water supplier of your upcoming tenancy.

With your permission, an advisor will also contact you to provide a free comparison service and overview of the energy and media market, helping you select the most cost effective provider.

They will also notify the aforementioned when you vacate the property.

Whilst an individual tenant – in a fixed term joint tenancy – cannot serve notice alone, subject to the landlords consent, it is possible for a change a tenant mid tenancy.

The departing tenant would be liable for an agency fee of £50 and the process would likely include the following procedures:

  • reference and ID check of the incoming tenant
  • determine whether the outgoing tenant should be liable for any contribution towards possible deductions from the deposit e.g. due to damage or end of tenancy cleaning.
  • agreement of any new terms and creation of new tenancy agreement
  • release of the departing tenants share of the deposit and the registration of incoming tenant’s deposit

At the end of the tenancy, tenants are required to clean the property to the same standard to which it was cleaned prior to the start of the tenancy. Whilst tenants have a right to clean the property themselves, if the property had been professionally cleaned at the start of the tenancy, the tenant must clean it to the same standard at the end of the tenancy; if the clean is not carried out to the same standard, then the landlord can arrange for a professional clean and claim associated costs against the tenant’s deposit.

Once the property has been cleaned to a satisfactory standard and the final check-out inspection has taken place, on the landlords instruction, we will notify the deposit company to commence the repayment process, less any agreed deductions.

If we registered the deposit it will be secured with the DPS custodial scheme. Once they receive our notification, it will take two working days to leave the DPS and then a further three to five working days to reach your account (please note you will also need to notify the DPS to start the repayment process).

We are members of the Association of Residential Lettings Agents (ARLA) and Property Redress Scheme

  • We belong to a Client Money Protection Scheme
  • We hold professional indemnity insurance
  • You are protected if something goes wrong


Change of Tenant (Tenant’s Request) £50
Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) £50